Juneteenth1865.com (“Juneteenth1865.com” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website www.juneteenth1865.com (our “Website“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect on or through this Website. It does not apply to information collected by any third party including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. When you access a third-party website (such as a social networking website), we are not responsible for the privacy practices of that site or the relevant third party. You should review the privacy policies of each website you visit and each social networking service you use (including understanding how you can change your privacy settings with those services).
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including the following:
- information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, (“personal information”);
- information that is about you but individually does not identify you by itself, such as your IP address, some types of profile information and content that you post on the Website; and/or
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us and/or automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other analytics/tracking technologies. This site may collect information on demographics and interests.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third-party site separate from the site you are visiting. We may use third parties, such as advertising networks and exchanges, to allow us to serve you advertisements. These third-party ad networks and exchange providers may use third-party cookies, web beacons, or similar technologies to collect information. They may also collect your device identifier, IP address, or identifier for advertising (IDFA). The information that these third parties collect may be used to assist us in providing you with more relevant advertising that we serve on our sites or elsewhere on the web.
- We also collect information from other sources, including from social media. For example, if you post a message on Instagram, or post an image on Facebook using a hashtag promoted by Juneteenth1865.com, we may collect that information as described in this Policy. Please note that we may combine or cross-reference this information with other information that we collect about you and use it as described in this Policy.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website or placing an order with our Website.
- information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us.
- records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us such as when you report a problem with our Website or other products or services.
- details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website. If you purchase a product from us, your card information is not held by us; it is collected by our third-party payment processor, who specializes in the secure online capture and processing of credit card transactions.
- your search queries on the Website.
How We Use Your Information
Juneteenth1865.com will only use information we collect from you for as long as it is reasonably required for a legitimate business purpose. We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfill our statutory obligations, such as for tax records, or to confirm your warranty. We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as necessary for the relevant activity, or for as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection. In some cases, third party services providers working on our behalf will carry out these contracts with you. However, when we use these providers, we disclose only the personal information necessary to provide you the service and we have contracts in place that
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it;
- in any other way, we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
EU/US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks
We comply with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information transferred from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively.
How to Contact Us